Welcome to the Roxy MAKE WAVES. MOVE MOUNTAINS. Snow Contest, searching for the next up-and-coming female talent. Below you'll find the updates on the contest, rules to follow, and the terms & conditions for participation.
The rules are as follows:
Create a 60-second or less edit of your best footage in any locale (park, street or mountain, etc.) Upload your video to your Instagram with no music tagging @roxy and @torment_mag using the hashtag #MakeWavesMoveMoutainsContest
Must be 13 years or older by the start date of January 19th, 2021.
Refer to the terms and conditions for eligibility.
Only current 20/21 winter season footage will be accepted.
All entires must be submitted no later than February 28th, 2021.
This is a snowboard only contest.
Finalists and the eventual winner will be selected in a conjoined effort by staff members of Roxy Snow, Torment staff and the current Roxy snowboard team by March 5th, 2021. And the winner will be announced March 8th, 2021.
The winning video will be chosen on the attributes of style, tricks, trick selection and overall impression.
The winner will be given 'Am product for a year' of equivalent of $3,000 of Roxy snow product.
As submissions are made, stayed tuned to tormentmag.com to follow the competition.
Terms & Conditions for the Roxy Make Waves Move Mountains Contest:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS IS A SKILL CONTEST. CHANCE WILL NOT DETERMINE ANY WINNER(S).
- Contest Timing: The Roxy Make Waves Move Mountains Contest (“Contest”) begins at 6:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on January 18, 2021 and ends at 12:00 A.M. PST on February 28, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems, and Sponsor may also rely on the time processing functions of third parties. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Contest. This is a contest where winner(s) will be determined on the basis of skill, not chance.
- How to Enter/Entry Requirements: Individuals who are eligible to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules may enter the Contest as follows:
If you are an individual eligible to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules but do not have an account with Instagram, go to Instagram and create one for free. Use of Instagram is subject to your compliance with all applicable terms and conditions of Instagram. Any inaccurate or incomplete entry cannot be taken into account and such participation shall be deemed null and void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause.
Do not participate in the Contest and/or consult a doctor before participating in the Contest if: (1) you are not in good health; (2) you have any physical or mental problems which would hinder you from safely participating in the Contest; or (3) you are not sufficiently trained and experienced enough to understand the risks involved in the Contest.
Your entry must meet all of the Required Representations and Warranties set forth below to the fullest extent applicable for that entry. Failure to complete any step outlined in, or to follow any of, the Official Rules may result in your disqualification.
REQUIRED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant that your entry (including, without limitation, any Video or other content associated with your entry – hereafter, collectively “Entry”) complies with the following criteria as applicable (collectively, the “Required Representations and Warranties”):
- Your Entry must be your own original work or you must have all the rights necessary to post or re-post the content. Any person who helped produce the Video must grant ownership rights to you by a signed/dated written statement acknowledging the transfer of any ownership rights they may have in the Video to you. Each Entry must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party.
- You must have the express written consent of any identifiable persons appearing or referenced in your Entry to their Persona (as defined below) being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s right to use your Entry for any future commercial purpose without restrictions. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Sponsor in the form identified by Sponsor. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the written consent and signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
- Except for the marks of Sponsor (addressed below), the Entry must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service. Sponsor grants you the limited permission to display each of their “Quiksilver” brand marks and products in your Entry solely for purposes of entering this Contest and subject to these Official Rules.
- Each Entry must be appropriate for public viewing. Without limiting the foregoing, each Entry must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, include or imply drug or alcohol imagery or use, violate any laws or otherwise contain content which Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Your Entry must also not disparage or cast a negative light on any person, entity, or brand, product, or service.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to not consider any Entry for the Contest if it believes the Entry violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. You agree to reimburse Sponsor and the Contest Entities in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees (including, where permitted, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by you or the use of any rights granted by you to Sponsor hereunder.
By submitting your Entry, you grant to Sponsor and the other Contest Entities a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Entry and to otherwise (in whole or in part) use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Entry (including any photo, video or other content associated with your Entry) in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of trade, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and the other Contest Entities and their respective licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your Entry in favor of the Sponsor and other Contest Entities.
By submitting your Entry you also grant to Sponsor and the Contest Entities the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, and freely transferable right, but not the obligation, to use any and all names, identities, titles, likenesses, distinctive appearances, physical likenesses, images, portraits, pictures, photographs (whether still or moving), screen personas, voices, vocal styles, statements, gestures, mannerisms, personalities, performance characteristics, biographical data, signatures, and any other indicia or imitations of identity or likeness listed, provided, referenced, or otherwise contained in the Entry (all attributes, collectively, per person, a “Persona”) for purposes of advertising and trade, in any format, medium, or technology now known or later developed without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Judging/Winner Selection:
Judging: Following the Contest Period, Videos that qualify for entry into the Contest will be judged by one or more judges selected by Sponsor that are experienced in snowboarding (“Judging Panel”). Sponsor may remove, replace or add additional judges to the Judging Panel in its sole discretion at any time. The Videos will be judged based on creativity, technical aspects of the entrant’s performance, and flow (e.g., movement from one turn to the next) (the “Criteria”). The Judging Panel will also select one (1) entrant as the potential winner.
- Winner Notification: The potential winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by email, phone or Instagram direct message from Sponsor on or about March 8, 2021. The potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification and provide all requested information within forty-eight (48) hours of the first contact or attempted contact from Sponsor or the potential prize may be forfeited. To claim any prize, Sponsor may require winner and such winner’s parent/guardian to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number and/or other personally identifiable information, and may need to be notarized (collectively, the “Documentation”), before claiming any prize. All required documents must be completed and returned to Sponsor by the date and time communicated by Sponsor. At Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, winner may be required to produce a picture or some other form of proper identification to claim any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required forms or other documents, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries based on the Criteria or such alternate method as solely determined by Sponsor. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
- Prize(s) and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive the Grand Prize, which consists of product from the Roxy Snow collection chosen by the winner with a retail price of up to US$3,000 (in the form of actual product or a gift card).
The total ARV of all prizes awarded under the Contest is US$3,000. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prizes will be made or is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- General Terms: Decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. All federal, state, provincial, local and other taxes, related to the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Contest Entities do not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted. The Contest Entities are not responsible for, including but not limited to, technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and to disqualify any entrant for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners from among all eligible entries. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Releases: Entrant acknowledges that entrant may be participating in dangerous activities in connection with the Contest, including the inherently dangerous snowboarding activities contemplated by the Contest. Entrant understands that the risk of injury from the activities involved in the Contest is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor and the other Contest Entities are not advocating or suggesting the performance of dangerous tricks, tricks above entrant’s skill level or tricks that should only be performed by a professional. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor and the other Contest Entities have no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from entrance into the Contest or receipt, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, each Contest Entity, and Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activities (including, without limitation, events, travel, etc.) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any non-compliance by entrant with these Official Rules; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Contest.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor or other Contest Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
- Winner List: To obtain the winner’s name, visit https://api.tormentmag.com/roxy-contest/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Roxy Make Waves Move Mountains Contest c/o Boardriders, Inc. 5600 Argosy Circle, # 100, Huntington Beach, California 92649, U.S.A., with a written request by October 1, 2021.
- Third Party Platforms: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (collectively, the “Social Network”). By participating, you release the Social Network and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents and advertising agencies, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your Entry or participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize. Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to Sponsor.
- European Participants: In accordance with European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 and French law no. 78-17 of 6th January 1978 relating to information technology, files and freedom modified, in particular by French law n ° 2018-493 of June 20, 2018 relating to the protection of the personal data, contestants have the right to access, modify or delete the data relating to them. Subject to the conditions of the applicable regulations, the contestants also have a right to the portability of their data, the right to request a limitation of treatment or to object the processing of their data. The contestants also have the option of providing instructions regarding the treatment of their data after their death. To exercise these rights, contestants must send a valid proof of identity and a letter to the following address: 5600 Argosy Circle #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92649. The Sponsor will, if necessary, inform the contestant of the reasons for which its application cannot be satisfied, in whole or in part. In the event of a question or complaint relating to the processing of their personal data, contestants may send their request to the contact details indicated above. The Sponsor will try to find a satisfactory solution, otherwise the contestants have the right to submit their claim to the competent supervisory authority.